#2021PaddletheSlough is complete
With nearly 300 groups signed up, this was our largest slough event yet, which is important because there is much work to be done! We are thankful for each and every one of you that came out to paddle the slough and entered our contests. Without further adieu here are the winners:
- $75 and Cheam Range t-shirt for Mt Waddington Outdoors – Marnie Crutch
- $25 gift card and Cheam Range t-shirt for Mt Waddington Outdoors – Jennifer Singerland
- First $50 gift card to PickEco – Lise Oakly
- Second $50 gift card to PickEco – Sandi Tee
- Hat and a Kokatat day pack from Nikki Rekman Sales – Kokatat – Werner, and a coffee pack from Spirit Bear Coffee. – Anne Vanderlaan
- Hat and t-shirt from Nikki Rekman Sales – Kokatat – Werner and coffee pack from Spirit Bear Coffee. – Wendy Klassen
- Hat and t-shirt from Nikki Rekman Sales – Kokatat – Werner and coffee pack from Spirit Bear Coffee. -Atera Amburn
- Hat from Nikki Rekman Sales – Kokatat – Werner and coffee pack from Spirit Bear Coffee. – Christine Miller
- Hat from Nikki Rekman Sales – Kokatat – Werner and coffee pack from Spirit Bear Coffee. – Carrie Whitehouse
And now for the grand prize winners:
- $250 gift card for Mt Waddington Outdoors goes to Michelle Tan
- A $200 gift certificate for Western Canoe & Kayak – Rita Holmes
- A gift certificate for Purple Hayes School of Kayaking’s Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking course – Vicky Falk
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS! Please email to arrange your prize pickup/mailing.
If you have a chance to stop in at any of these local vendors please give them a big thank-you for supporting our event! COVID has made it a hard year for many small businesses so remember to #shoplocal
Remember if you are looking for ways to help, here are simple next steps:
- Send an important letter using our writing tool here that will email your concerns to the leaders in the Federal and Provincial government that need to hear about the importance of these disconnected waterways!
- Click here to send a letter to Chilliwack’s Mayor and Council, thanking them for caring for our waterways and then please add your personalized concerns at the bottom. We need the City of Chilliwack to know that there are people locally that care about the wild salmon that call Chilliwack their home.
- Join our volunteer crew who will be heading out July 3rd for a workday on the Bell Slough doing an invasive species removal. To sign up email email@example.com
- For participants from Chilliwack, the City has launched their Parks and Rec Master Plan Survey. This is your chance to tell the city that we need to take better care of the sloughs. Your response to this survey does make a difference! Click here to participate.
Thank-you for your entry into the 2021 Paddle the Slough Challenge and for adding your voice to the thousands of others defending BC’s wild salmon. Hope to see you out there again soon for another blueway paddling trip!