This year we had over 200 groups sign up for our 2022 Paddle the Slough Challenge and 40 groups for our picnic at Kinsmen Park! Each year, the team at Watershed Watch and volunteers at Friends of Camp/HopeSloughs loves reading your stories of how this event has connected you with your local waterways. We are thankful for each and every one of you that came out to paddle the slough and shared your photos and stories about your experience!
Without further adieu here are the prize winners:
- $50 gift card for Mt Waddington Outdoors – Wendy DaDalt
- $100 gift card and Cheam Range t-shirt for Mt Waddington Outdoors – Jennifer Douglas
- $40 gift card and hat from Valhalla Pure Abbotsford – Megan Janz
- $40 gift card and hat from Valhalla Pure Abbotsford – Danielle Grisnich
- $40 gift card and hat from Valhalla Pure Abbotsford – Gage Verbeeten
- $40 gift card and hat from Valhalla Pure Abbotsford – Elizabeth Collisson
- Growler and refill from Old Yale Brewing – Tera Haberman
- 2 BC Ferries adult passes + dry bag and t-shirt from Pure Life SUP– Kathy Turner
- Best Hikes and Nature Walks with Kids by Stephen Hui + dry bag and t-shirt from Pure Life SUP – Jeffry Janz
- Dry bag and t-shirt from Pure Life SUP + hat from Pacific Rivers Outfitting Co – Rebecca Cordoni
And now for the grand prize winners:
- $200 gift card and t-shirt for Mt Waddington Outdoors – Amanda Robert
- A $400 value fly fishing rod from Pacific Rivers Outfitting Co– Blaine Johns
- A gift certificate for Purple Hayes School of Kayaking’s Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking course + dry bag and t-shirt from Pure Life SUP – Lori Roberts
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your prize pickup.
If you have a chance to stop in at any of these local vendors please give them a big thank-you for supporting our event! Remember to #shoplocal
Remember if you are looking for ways to help, here are simple next steps:
- Click here to send a letter to Chilliwack’s Mayor and Council, thanking them for caring for our waterways and then please add your personalized concerns at the bottom. We need the City of Chilliwack to know that local people care about the wild salmon
- Send a letter to federal and provincial decisionmakers to tell them about the importance of our disconnected waterways!
- Join our volunteer crew who will be heading out July 14th for a workday on the Bell Slough doing an invasive species removal. To sign up click here.
- Join Friends of Camp/Hope Sloughs on Facebook to hear about further events and local updates.
Thank you to the City of Chilliwack for providinf funding the washrooms for the picnic event under the Neighbourhood Grant Program – Celebration and Activity stream.
Hope to see you out there again soon for another Chilliwack blueways paddling trip!
Leave A Comment