On August 31, our fifth annual Bike the Dike: Pitt Meadows event officially wrapped up!
We are proud to announce this was our most successful Bike the Dike yet, over 250 people registered for the challenge and thousands of kilometers were cycled! We were thrilled to receive so many positive stories and smiling photos of people, families, and friends out riding the beautiful Pitt Meadows pathway.
Everyone who submitted a photo was entered into a random draw for some great prizes. Here are our prize winners:
- Kim Walker won a Giro Register bicycle helmet ($65) from The Bike Zone.
- Elaine Unger won a Giro Register bicycle helmet ($65) from The Bike Zone.
- Aisha Douglas won a $50 gift card for WildPlay Maple Ridge.
- Cove Neiman won a gift certificate for two stand-up paddleboard rentals ($120 value) from Sea to Sky Adventure Company.
- Nicole Weghsteen won a gift certificate for four canoe, kayak or SUP rental ($160 value) from Ridge Wilderness Adventures.
- Candy Wong won a gift certificate for a two-person mountain bike rental ($70 value) at Endless Biking.
- Alberto Mendonça won a Patagonia Black Hole Duffel 55L ($170 value).
We’d like to extend a giant thank you to the generous companies who donated the prizes for this event. Another thank you is in order for both Sweet Tooth Creamery and Stomping Grounds Coffee who offered Bike the Dike participants a sweet discount. The support for all of these local businesses helped make this event a success!