Many people have reached out to us over the years about purchasing Watershed Watch t-shirts. Creating awesome salmon merch that also reflects our values (locally-produced and environmentally-sustainable) has long been on our wish list. But as a small organization with a lot of active campaigns, we have lacked the time to see it through: then COVID hit.
While we are still working on our campaigns, our typically busy schedule of attending and hosting events, such as canoe tours, movie screenings and farmers’ markets went out the window. We had to adapt and that meant embracing more ways of connecting with our supporters online.
In September, we hosted a photo contest to help us build up our image library and the response was overwhelming. We were so blown away by the quality of the photos submitted, we knew we wouldn’t be able to pick only three winners and had to quickly assemble more prizes!
That led to the idea to host a t-shirt design contest. We want to create shirts you want to buy and show-off, so who better to help us create an amazing design than you? We know what a talented bunch you are and that you care about wild salmon as much as we do!
Enter your designs before January 4, 2021 to be eligible to win a grand prize worth nearly $600!
We are looking for original designs that depict themes related to our work (salmon, waterways, fishing, B.C.’s oceans, wildlife, wilderness, etc). The winning design will be used for a limited release of t-shirts that will help raise funds and awareness about our organization.
The grand prize winner will receive a prize pack worth nearly $600!
It will include:
- Squamish Rafting Company’s 2-person wilderness float tour gift certificate ($275 value);
- Arcteryx backpack ($200 value); and
- Foamers’ Folly gift pack ($100 value).
Everyone who submits an original design will also be entered in a raffle for five Spirit Bear Coffee gift packs ($15 value each).
The contest is open now (December 4, 2020) and closes at midnight on January 4, 2021.
To enter, submit your designs here.
- Open to all ages and abilities.
- Unlimited entries per person.
- Designs can be submitted in all file types.
- The design must depict images and themes related to Watershed Watch Salmon Society (salmon, fishing, watersheds, British Columbia, wilderness etc).
- The design can include the text “Watershed Watch” or “Watershed Watch Salmon Society”.
- We can only ship prizes to B.C. addresses. While anyone can enter, to be eligible to receive our grand prize you must have a B.C. mailing address.
- The artwork or design submitted must be your own original work.
- Submissions must be made by midnight on January 4, 2021 to be eligible to win.
Design Format Suggestions (preferred but not required):
- Submit files in vector format (.ai, .eps, .pdf, .svg)
- We suggest that designs and artwork are made in solid (non-gradient) colours.
- We suggest that all fonts are outlined (this is a selection in vector design).