Resource: Resilient Waters : Managing Floods for All
Read the Resilient Waters Final Report.
The objectives of the workshop were to:
● foster shared learning and collaboration;
● begin developing a shared vision for future fish-friendly flood control infrastructure (FCI);
● discuss the challenges in upgrading outdated flood control infrastructure along the lower Fraser;
● collaborate in a multi-sector/agency environment to develop a comprehensive list of issues and
actions, priorities and success indicators for future consideration and follow-up; and
● identify key criteria for prioritizing flood control structures and adjacent habitats for restoration.
Eighty people participated in the two-day session, with attendees from: federal, provincial, municipal
and First Nation governments; Indigenous groups; academia; the agriculture sector; environmental
non-governmental organizations; and technology designers.