Looking for a fun summer-time activity? Grab your bicycle and head out to Pitt Meadows, on unceded Katzie territory, for a leisurely ride along the dike.
In partnership with HUB Cycling Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows and with support from Metro Vancouver Parks, we’re hosting Bike the Dike, a self-guided and COVID-safe bike tour of one of the most biked greenways of Metro Vancouver.
Upon registration, participants will receive a link to a route map complete with points of interest and explanations of the unique geography of the area.
Sweet Tooth Creamery and Stomping Grounds Coffee, in Osprey Village, are the start and end point of the route. They are our official ice cream and coffee sponsors! Show them your Bike the Dike map to receive a discount on café items and on single or double ice-cream scoops.
How to participate in the event:
- Register on Eventbrite. We’ll send you a route map by July 30.
- Each time you complete a leg of the challenge, snap a photo of yourself and email it to us to be entered in our Bike the Dike raffle. (For a bonus entry, post your photo to Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #bikethdikepittmeadows.)
- The bike tour runs from Aug 1- 31, so take your time and have fun with it!
- Send a letter to Pitt Meadows mayor & council to thank them for maintaining the greenway.
Registration through Eventbrite only. Please read all details before registering.
Rules and Trail Etiquette for People Riding Bikes
- Wear your helmet.
- Stay to the right so others can pass safely.
- When passing, use your bell or your voice to politely warn you’re passing “on your left”, and thank people for moving to the side.
- Yield to pedestrians and horses.
- Give other users ample space.
- Slow down when approaching pedestrians, horses and dogs. Children, horses, dogs and even adults can be unpredictable, so be prepared.
- If you stop, move to the side.
- Pack out what you pack in.
Win These Awesome Prizes!
Special thanks to these generous Canadian companies for sponsoring Bike the Dike 2021.